September 25, 2008

What Should I Do In My Spare Time?

Hi Everyone. I know it's been a whole month since my last post. It has been such a busy month. I had to take Marquie to school early today and so I thought I'd give a quick update before the rest of the fam gets up.

At our house, we call September and October "Busy Season". Huge understatement. It's both my favorite and most stressful time of year. This is why:

Soccer- We love soccer. Marquie plays on the High School team. Games twice a week and practice every day there's not a game. Jace and Makenna play rec soccer so they have practice once a week and games on weekends. I love going to soccer games. I love the way the weather changes during the season.

Football- The boys love football. I love that they love it. Wade is coaching Jace's Little League team again this year. Games on weekends and practice every week night except for Wed which works out good for Wade since he is in YM and it's mutual night. Again, I absolutely love going to the games, but it's a huge time committment.

School- Of course there are always changes when school starts back up. We're still trying to get into a new routine with new teachers, homework, etc...

Dance-Most of you know I teach dance. So new classes, new music, new choreography. And Marquie and Makenna both have dance once a week. All on different days of course.

Add to that scouts, piano, church callings, grocery shopping, budgeting, laundry, cleaning, and making emergency trips to the store every time one of my kids says "Oh yeah mom, I forgot to tell you that I need _____ tomorrow. (This is usually around 10 pm).

I do have to say that Jordan has been a life saver. Now that he can drive, we have taken total advantage of him the poor kid. He's usually running someone somewhere for us in between his extremely busy social life. Thanks Jord!

When my kids were little and at home all day I used to dream of the day when they would all be in school and I would have all this free time to do whatever I wanted. WHAT HAPPENED?

11 comments:

The Meier family said...

You should have posted a picture of how beautiful you looked this morning driving her to school! Oh, how I cannot wait for these days! Congrats on the ribbon cutting by the way, nothing like finding out about it from your sisters blog! ;)

Bammy said...

What happened you say? Well, life happened. (6 lives, in your case) I well remember those days of constant running. But it doesn't seem that I'm any less busy now, either, just different business. So maybe the "Having extra time" years never happen. (Cuz I'm pretty old and I'm still waiting).
You do a great job and your family is awesome, so just keep it up! Love ya!

Zeann said...

Oh!! Oh!! Bam I thought no one was supposed to tell young moms that this is preparation for the busier times ahead. If you just got married and dropped into teanage years you might not make it. You have to grow into it. And the other thing we can't tell is that your family never gets smaller just bigger and bigger as does your heart and your capacity to handle it. You are a SUPER MOM!! Just don't forget the part where you have to fill the pitcher if you want to keep pouring from it. Love you

The Egans said...

Oh Dayna! Busy, busy, busy is right! But, what a great mom you are...you take it in stride and get everything done! I will soak in every minute of the simplicity of my life right now! And, Candice, at least you found out about the ribbon cutting from you sister's blog! Dayna and Wade are in BIG trouble!

Jamie said...

That is so great that your fam loves soccer. It is a wonderful sport and I am so exited for Hayden to play. . . in like 4 years but still, it's something I look forward to. :)

The Harding Hive said...

AND.....to top it off, you are always doing favors for your sisters......like babysitting Gracie for four days. I'm with you, I don't know what is happening. All I know is that it is Sunday and then it is Saturday and I don't know where the time has gone. We haven't even scrap booked for awhile because things have been so crazy. Let's slow down and get back into the groove.

Thanks for being Gracie's mother this week. I think she misses you. I owe you one. A big one.

The Meier family said...

No, Katie, I found out from your sisters blog! And Dayna still has not done a blog about it! go figure! I guess that is what happens when you don't know what to do in your spare time, right Dayna? Not tell your sisters and sister in law - your FAVORITE sister in law, the one that is evil kneval! and the one that laughs at all your jokes at family parties!

The Meier Family said...

Ok you two negative Nellies, that's it! I'm going private and not inviting either one of you! First of all, I'm sorry I don't have time to be the first one to comment on everyones blog. Secondly, I thought that's what blogs were for- to let everyone know what's going on, since that's how I find out everything about you guys Candice. Thirdly, just you wait! and fourthly, give me a break!

The Meier family said...

gees Dayna! or as caitlin used to say "easy, easy"! I don't talk to you as much so I have to give you a hard time about something, sheesh! It is funny because we all know just how busy you are! Love you!

Talbot Family said...

Thanks for the warning. I have decided that if I raise kids that don't do anything and are total losers I will have tons of time to myself. Hmmm, the idea is tempting.

sdaguilar said...

I can totally relate! :) At least you have a blog. I'm doing good to read everone else's! (That's why my comments are so short--always on the run!) Someday our kids will be grown up and we can hang out together all day and say "What should we do?" Ya right. Me, you, and all of our grandkids! Yikes!