October 1, 2008

A Little Late, but "Yay for Wade"

Many of you already know that Wade opened a Physical Therapy Clinic in West Valley with his partner Troy Marsh in May. Well they finally had their Ribbon Cutting last week. I'm really proud of Wade. This has been a goal of his for a long time and it's great to see it happen. He has 2 clinics in Tooele and he has loved working out there, but it's quite a drive and it's been nice having him closer to home (about 2 blocks from home actually). I'm really thankful for all of his hard work and determination. He is a great husband and dad!


Wade, Troy, and Travis Allen are all PTs for Meier & Marsh Professional Therapies.


We have such a supportive family. Vickie, Wayne (Wades parents), Denise, Sara, and Shay. Wades dad helped Wade so much with the build out of this clinic. Thanks everyone!


Our Mayor, Dennis Nordfelt, gave a little speech.

Then the official ribbon cutting. Those of you who live in West Valley will have to look for this picture in Octobers West Valley Journal.

The Meier and Marsh staff!



Also.... while many of us are sleeping, Wade has been training for triathlons.

My brother in law Shayne got Wade and Chris interested in triathlons. Wade decided to give it a try and has done a few over the last year. This one is at Yuba Lake. We went with the Aguilars and pulled the trailers down to the campground. Wade does the Sprint Distance which is a half mile swim, 13 miles on the bike, and then a 3 mile run. This is him starting with the swim in the very cold lake.






The beginning of the race stresses me out because there are soooo many people and they are so close together. They are literally on top of each other at times. After about 30 seconds I can't tell where Wade is anymore.




After the swim they run to the transition area where their bikes are waiting. They do a quick change out of their wet suits and into their biking attire and then take off again.








Then after the bike ride, it's back to the transition area to drop off their bike and change their shoes for the running part. Wade beat his time from last year so he was happy. I was happy because after the race we go back to the trailers and have a huge yummy breakfast!



13 comments:

The Meier family said...

Hooray for Wade! and Dayna, what an amazing and supportive wife! You are such great examples for all of us! (Did I earn access to your private blog back yet?) I really do mean all of it! Thank you for being such great examples for Cade and me! We Love you guys!

The Meier family said...

ok one more thing. in the picture of them holding the scissors, it reminds me of when the guys came up to go salmon fishing and wade had his picture taken holding the sturgeon and it was really prickly and so he just had a couple of fingers on it - good times good times! I came across those pictures the other day! Could you guys come visit again soon???

The Meier family said...

ok really this is the last one, if you click on the last picture in this post of wade, there is a guy in the background wearing a skirt! That is funny!

Justin and Tasha said...

Wow, I would never even make it out of the water ...lol And Congrats on the new buisness ! That is awesome !

Momberger said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Jamie said...

Wow! That's so great! I drive by that place every day just waiting for it to open. If they accept my insurance tell Wade he can bet on a visit from me! :)

The Egans said...

Hmmm, I sure wish I could have been at the ribbon cutting with rest of my sisters, supporting my awesome brother in law! Wish someone would have told me about it!

The Stone's said...

Wade is very ambitious! I hate running, swimming and biking, so I guess triathalons are out for me! But I will take you up on a yummy breakfast at the trailer! Especially if it's omelets! Love you sister! And your great hub!

Keddington Chronicles said...

Dayna, I am also a bit late commenting to give you my e-mail address to pass to Sara, so that I can be invited into her blog. It is: adkeddin@hotmail.com
Congrats on the clinic!! I thought that was your hubby. I remember when I was in Jazz attitude, and he was still in school. Time does march on. I was so glad to see you at the gym. I think of you guys a lot. Jazz attitude and Shelly's was a huge part of my high school years. Thanks for making it so much fun. Also, check my blog out at:
http://www.thekeddingtonchronicles.blogspot.com/
-Angela (Gilbert) Keddington-
:)

Amber said...

Congrats! We're so happy for you both. I hope it's a great success. I like it much better than being a 7-11!
love ya!

Talbot Family said...

Wow, what a momentous occasion for your family. Congratulations! I wish Wade the best of luck and hope that they rack in the clients. Also, way to go to Wade for beating his last year time, what an accomplishment! You have an amazing supportive family. Lucky!

Bammy said...

Hooray for Wade is right! I'm so proud of both of you. (And hooray for Charlotte!)

sdaguilar said...

You rock Wade!