November 4, 2008

Don't Eat Me

Well the "Don't Eat Me" part needs some leading into so I'll start with the fun stuff. Every year we have a Halloween FHE on the Monday before Halloween. We start by turning on the Halloween music CD full blast and we dance throughout the house.



Then we eat a yummy dinner that includes clam chowder in bread bowls and apple cider in the cauldron full of dry ice. -But the dry ice was kind of whimpy this year, I don't know why.

Then we play Halloween Bingo and Makenna always wins first and then we play a kajillion more times until Marquie finally has a turn winning:)


Then we make and eat caramel apples and by then we are feeling quite miserable- in a good way.



Then Wade and the kids make a monster: They stuff Wades coveralls with newspaper, then attach the monster mask, gloves, and boots. Our monster sits on the front porch as part of the Halloween decor until Halloween.



Then on Halloween that sneaky Wade changes into the monster costume and sits back on the bench. Last year he scared the daylights out of just about everyone that came trick-or-treating. But a lot of the kids were onto him this year. He was disappointed. But he still got a few good scares. I wish I had some better pics but I was trying to answer the door and take pictures at the same time and it wasn't working out.



So this cute little boy came up to the door and Wade stood up and growled and he screamed "Don't Eat Me!" It was so cute. Don't worry, Wade took the mask off and showed him he was just a person. But it was pretty funny.




Even funnier was my niece Sawyer. Keep in mind that she just recently went to Disneyland where there are tons of Disney characters in costumes. When she came up the walkway, Wade stood and growled and she waved and blew him a kiss. She didn't even hesitate.



This is Makenna in her school Halloween parade. She was a baby this year.



And Jacer boy as Elvis. He can bust an Elvis move pretty good too!










16 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

Ha ha ha I love that Rambo partook of your Halloween FHE. You are so cute! Good thing the next morning you had the muscle buster class to burn the calories. (oh ya. . . I haven't been for a while. . . ) The food details sounded so YUMMY! Sawyer is so cute. I am laughing to mysef just picturing her blowing a kiss to the scary dressed up Wade. That is TOO funny. Jace makes the best elvis ever! Your post was so entertaining!!! Can I come next year?????

The Harding Hive said...

I love that picture of Wade and the monster! And I love Jace's Elvis costume. I'm sure he was the perfect Elvis. Now, Halloween is over, and we can listen to......CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!

The Egans said...

What a fun FHE...can you invite us next year?! Yum, at least for the caramel apples!

Amber said...

You guys have a good tradition and such a cute family! Were your kids adopted? I know I have seen them over the years, but you are not old enough for teenagers!

Momberger said...

Too fun! Too too fun!

Bammy said...

I'm crackin up at Rambo just posin' as one of the fam! Very cute pix and such a fun tradition for the kids to remember for years to come. So funny about Wade and little Soy bean. Love ya!

The Stone's said...

Why are you the cutest mom ever! That's it! I want you to write down all of your fun traditions so I can copy them and my kids can have some fun memories! Love the clam chowder in bread bowls. Wish I was eating that or one of your omelets right now! I think it's funny that Sawyer blows Wade kisses in a scary wolf costume, but won't even say hi to him when he's dressed in normal clothes! My child is odd!

Melissa said...

Your family is so cute. I love your Halloween traditions. Wade is pretty sneaky. Happy Fall!

Kelly and Megan said...

What fun traditions! You have such a cute fam! I love your new home too. It is beautiful! Oh, and your grass post, made me homesick! Arizona grass is like sandpaper. Whenever we come home to visit, I have to have a nice walk through the soft thick grass!

Jamie said...

I laughed out loud and snorted when I read the don't eat me part! That is hilarious! I can just see some little kid yelling that! Oh my I love Halloween. So sad it's all over.

Rachel said...

What fun Halloween traditions you guys have as a family! Those are such a good thing for families. You guys are so cute!

Nicole said...

I just love your posts! They are hilarious! I seriously always had fun with you Harding girls and your families any time I was with you guys! What great Halloween ideas you have... I might have to borrow a few :)

Justin and Tasha said...

Oh my gosh crack me up ! That is so funny ! And good idae about the man on the porch Ill have to remember that !

Momberger said...

Hey! Will you email us your email address so we can add you to our blog? We are going private soon. Our email is mombergerfam@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dayna, this is Kristen. Love your blog! I'm just figuring out that all of the cousins are on here. Your page is cute! Hopefully we'll be able to see everyone on Christmas this year.

Talbot Family said...

What a glorious Halloween! I love seeing what families do to make Holidays special. Way to go Wade with the sneaky costume idea. That is superb. LOve the costumes.