June 17, 2008

Treehouse Trauma

So Jordan and his buddies are building a really cool tree house in "the forest". This is an area close to our house that is full of trees. The kids love to go exploring over there. There has been a tree house there thats kind of run down. So they decided to build a bigger and better one. Last Saturday Jordan came in and asked where dad was (he knows what a whimp I am with blood). Wade was out running errands and didn't have his cell phone with him so Jordan decided he had no other choice. He said "I think I might need stitches." Of course I freaked out and ran him over to Insta-care where they said he definitely did need stitches. Gross huh?
The Dr. told us to have Jordan's stitches removed in about 10 days. Those of you who know Jordan won't be surprised to hear that he took them out himself after a week because they were "bugging him".

4 comments:

The Meier family said...

That is soooooo gross! I am glad that I wasn't there! can't wait to see the scar in a couple of weeks!

Rachel said...

OUCH!
Looks like the saw (or whatever it was) got the better of him!

Jamie Nicole said...

Those boys live the life don't they? I wish we were the same age so we could hang out because they lead the funnest lives ever!

Talbot Family said...

Classic! He is 100% boy. I have never met a teenage boy (John included) that didn't remove their own stitches. Honestly, you'd think they could wait. If for no other reason than to make their moms feel better about the whole ordeal. Boys, boys, boys.