December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Jordan!

Today is Jordans birthday. He is 17 years old, can you believe it? I can't. Here are a few things I love about Jordan:
1. He's the funniest person in the world- especially when he talks with one of his many genuine accents.
2. He is who he is. He never tries to put on an act to impress people. If you don't like him, it's okay with him. He's such a free spirit.
3. He loves healthy food. Jordan rarely eats candy. He likes to snack on healthy food (gets that from his dad).
4. He's totally buff! If you punch him in the stomach your hand will hurt. I know this from experience.
5. He's so smart. Jordan has never liked school, but he hangs in there and gets good grades anyway.
6. He looks out for his siblings. I would like to say that he's always nice to them but that's not true. But if anyone else is not nice to them, he will definitely take care of it.
7. He can build or fix anything.
8. He can talk his way out of anything. I actually don't love this so much about him, but it's definitely a talent worth sharing.
9. He's so grumpy in the morning. This is something I've learned to love about him after realizing he gets it from me.
10. He can make friends with anyone! He is so nonjudging. He gives everyone a chance. He doesn't care what people look like or what race or religion they are. Once at Cherry Hill we couldn't find Jordan and after about an hour we see him going down Cardiac Canyon with complete strangers, acting like they were lifelong friends. Another time we were camping and a group of teenagers came over to see if Jordan could come play night games with them. I said "How do you know them?" He says "Oh I just met them earlier today". He has so many friends.

These are just a few things I love about the Jordman. I really could go on forever! Have a great birthday bud. We love you!
Here are some pics from his family bday party.

Pretty handsome kid huh?



This is Jordan reading his "Christian card". Uncle Christian always makes homemade birthday cards and they are always hilarious.


Jordan insists on having cheesecake for his birthday parties. But 17 candles are hard to fit on a cheesecake so I made a regular cake just for show.



After presents, Jordan entertained us by playing Christmas songs on the guitar. Two months ago he decided that he wanted to play the guitar and has taught himself how to play. He's actually pretty good.



Jord showing off some of his new stuff.





12 comments:

Bammy said...

Happy Birthday, Jordman! I am so proud of you! You are the greatest. One of my favorite things about you is your artistic creativity... awesome drawings and terrific crocheted hats!

The Meier family said...

Happy Birthday Jordy! Hope you have a great day! and hopefully we will get to see you soon, if it ever stops snowing up here!
Love ya! the Portland Meier's

Keddington Chronicles said...

Dayna, I remember you having him right after our Jazz Attitude Christmas performances. WOW!!!! Where does time go? I was only 15 then, and now he's 17????!!!!
Hope your family has a fun day celebrating a birthday!! Also, Have a Merry Christmas! :)
-Angela (Gilbert) Keddington-

Justin and Tasha said...

Wow, I remember when he was just a little Jordman and would come into the dance class with your hubby ...Time flies and if he is now 17 I dont want to say how old I am now !

Justin and Tasha said...

P.S. Happy Birthday Jordan...even if you dont remember me ! lol... I have to say I was very impressed with Anna's "not so little anymore" daughter. I was at target a little over a year and half ago and she saw me and told Anna who I was... She was little when I was in dance to how did she remember me !

The Tucketts said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 17! How is that even possible? You're only like 30, how can you have a 17 year old? Anyway, he sure is handsome and happy birthday!

The Egans said...

Oh this made me cry! I love Jordan and I can't believe he's so big now! He's so good to my boys...they adore him! Such a good kid. I'm so sorry we didn't call yesterday...I got all caught up in one of us being kidnapped and it threw off my whole day! Happy Birthday Jord! We love you!

The Harding Hive said...

He IS so incredibly handsome. I love that kid. I am so sorry I missed his party. And I would be lying if I didn't say that a lot of that sorryness comes from not being able to eat your cheesecake. We love you Jord!

Zeann said...

Happy Birthday Jordan. What a great guy to have been able to watch grow up into such a fine young man.

Your talents are a blessing to those around you as well. I remember the piano recitals and now you menifest art and guitar and you have always been just fun to be around. Love you and have a great year

The Tucketts said...

JoAnn said that you want to see my blog. Send me an e-mail to amanda_be_thuggin@hotmail.com and i might invite you :) ha ha! I will for sure!

The Stone's said...

This post made me cry! He's so big and I love/hate it! He is the greatest kid and I'm so glad he's my nephew! I want a picture of him laughing at his card! Cutest pic ever! Happy Birthday Jord man!

Rachel said...

That is so cute of Jordan Dayna. I don't even really know him, but from what you've said and all Sara has told me, I sure hope my boys can be like him when they turn 17!
Oh ya, and home made cheese cake is my favorite thing on my birthday too!