April 24, 2009

Makenna enters double digits!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl! Makenna turned 10 years old yesterday and I'm feeling a little bit sad. Makenna is the baby, and like most babies of the family, we don't want her to grow up. She was such a mommas girl when she was a baby. She didn't like anyone but mom (not even dad who is still a little miffed about it). At the time, I remember thinking she was so hard because I couldn't do anything without her, but now I miss it and I love that she was that way.
Makenna wanted a ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet for her bday breakfast, with toast, fruit, and milk. She was very specific.



Anyway, some fun things about Makenna:
-She is always happy. I'm not sure when that happened because when she was a baby she was a stinker, but now she is an absolute joy to be around.
-She can bust a move like nobody's business. The girl loves to dance and she is one funky diva!
-She is sooo responsible. At home and school, if she is asked to do something, it will get done.
-She is a candy freak. You wouldn't know it to look at her, she's as skinny as 6:00 straight up, but she loves sweets!
-She's a girly girl. Loves clothes, fashion, hair, makeup, doing her nails, etc... but... she can play soccer just as good if not better than any boy her age!
-She's a smarty farty pants!
-My favorite... she has the cutest freckles in the world. I love them. They are sooo Makenna.
Happy Birthday Kennie-girl. We love you sooooooo much!

12 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

So cute! Happy Birthday! I remember when she was born, that is so crazy to me that she's ten!! Holy cow! How was New York??

The Stone's said...

She is happy all the time! I love her! Sawyer misses her and so do I! Love that skinny little minnie! Happy Birthday kid!!!

The Harding Hive said...

Happy Birthday Mak! We sure love you! (Great choice of breakfast....totally what I would've chosen).

The Egans said...

Such a cute little Makky! Happy Birthday Mak! You are the cutest!

Keddington Chronicles said...

Cute CUTE room your little Makenna has. And also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Kelly and Megan said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute girl. Great kids must be born on the April 23rd! That is Connor's birthday too. Hope her day was great!

Zeann said...

Happy Birthday to one cute, talented, smiley, fun girl. I'm not sure it's fair that the Meier family baby is in double digit already. Love watching you as a little one and you are now one great tween. Love you

Justin and Tasha said...

Yes, I made it. Thanks ! LaShay is going to start dance this fall. Im so excited and so is she ! I cant believe how fast she has grown.

Rachel said...

She is such a cute girl Dayna! I still remember her last 2 dances at the dance concert. Men in Black and the Polar Express one, she is fabulous!!!

Jamie said...

I love that you guys do birthday breakfast in bed. I think I might borrow that idea if you don't mind. :)

Momberger said...

You are the cutest mom to make your kids breakfast in bed on their birthday! Happy Mother's day by the way.

Jenni said...

Makenna sounds completely delightful! She is gorgeous too! I love your family! I love that I can read your blog and for a moment it's like I'm apart of the Draper Sisters!