May 24, 2009

Mother's Day, Dance Concerts, Lavender?, and 20 years of Bliss!

Well, May has been a busy month so I have a lot of catching up to do!



First, a confession: I have had many comments on what a nice mom I am to make my family breakfast in bed on their birthdays. It is a tradition and I do have fun with it, but, the truth is... I want a turn! And I always get it (not always with a great attitude, but nonetheless).

So here I am in all my glory getting my breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. You can tell how excited my kids are that their dad made them participate. And now you all know about my selfish motives and can feel much better about yourselves as mothers.

All joking aside, I had a great day and I'm so very thankful to be a mother. I know without a doubt that it is the most important thing I will ever do. I'm also so thankful for a wonderful forgiving family who loves me despite my many shortcomings!





Next, we had another successful dance concert at Shellie's School of Dance. It was especially fun this year because Jordan got to be in it this year. He was asked to be in the couples dance with one of the graduates (Brittany Flandro) and did a great job. And as usual, I was proud as can be of my beautiful talented girls!
Jordan, Marquie, and Makenna


Tessa, Shenay, and Marquie


Our concert was "All you need is Love" and we did a Beatles Anthology. If you are a Beatles fan and didn't come, you truly missed out. It was fabulous. I didn't know I was a Beatles fan until we put on this concert, but now there is no doubt!
Makenna danced to "Octopuses Garden". Marquie danced to "Get Back" and "Something In The Way She Moves". Jordan danced to "Baby You Can Drive My Car"



Makenna just turned 10 and is finally old enough to try out for Jazz Attitude. It's the performing team at our studio. We decided to stop at the studio on our way to Arctic Circle after the concert to see if by chance the list of who made it was up yet.
She made it! The only person more excited than her was her cousin and best friend Sadie who is already in it. They are so excited to be in the same class!


The day after dance concert was Senior Ball at Hunter High. Jordan was pretty much on his own to prepare for this dance with it being concer week and all. He was a little more excited than usual when he came home from renting his tux with his buddies...

Yes, lavender, and yes a cane to boot. If you know the Jordman (and his friends) you are not surprised right now. However, he never ceases to surprise me.


I have to admit, he looked pretty sharp. And he knew it too!


And lastly, this may be a little icky for some of you so you might want to stop reading now.
Wade and I celebrated our 20th anniversary on May 20th. I can hardly believe it, it seems like yesterday. The day of our anniversary was extremely busy so we decided to wait for the weekend to celebrate. But as I backed out of the driveway to take the kids to school, this is what I saw....
Very sweet! I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband. He is so good to me. He is an amazing husband and father and he is so unselfish. And then on our postponed date he surprised me with a trip to Disneyland! Woohoo! That's where we went on our honeymoon, but this time is gonna be even better cuz we're taking the whole fam!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Okay the icky is over:)

12 comments:

The Meier Family said...

I forgot to point out my cat Chloe in the last picture. She has to be by me every second. Here she is following me out to take a picture. So funny.

The Harding Hive said...

Great post! I am excited that you are going to Disneyland, although I still wish we were all going to Costa Rica. I love that first pic of Jordan. He is hilarious. And quite handsome if I might add. Cute Wade and his sign. I love you guys.

Jamie said...

I'm a Beatles fan now too! It was a great concert. And I'm glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast in bed. :)

Bammy said...

Oh my gosh, Jord looks so great!!!! I love the lavendar tux! Congratulations on your fun trip to the happiest place on earth! When are you going?
p.s. concert was once again fabulous, Harry!

Amber said...

Happy Mothers Day! I have to admit- I loved watching your kids dance! I think they have your funkyness. Congrats to MaKenna and Congrats on 20 happy years!

Melissa said...

The concert was a blast, your girls are SO talented and beautiful! Happy 20th, what a happy day. I have always thought you & Wade are so darling. CONGRATS, here's to another 20 (and many many more!) And OFCOURSE, HAPPY DISNEYLAND-ing!!

Kelly and Megan said...

What a fun post. I love the sign that Wade made for you. So sweet! Also, I had to take a second look at that picture because I thought it was a chicken in your driveway! Then I realized it was a cat! Great pictures. Sounds like your concert was a blast. As always, I am sad I missed it!

The Stone's said...

Congrats Dayne. And that tux is ROCKIN!!!

Sadie said...

YES!!! I am SOOOOOO excited Mak and I are in the same dance class together! I can't wait for dance to start again!!!!

The Egans said...

LOVE the tux! And I love "the icky is over". You weirdo! Such great pics. I wish we were going to Costa Rica too! Disneyland will be so fun!

Momberger said...

Congrats on 20 years! Thats fantastic! I wish I could go to Disneyland with you!

Rachel said...

I too love watching your girls dance in the dance concerts! And I'd have been surprized if Makenna didn't make Jazz Attitude, she is such an awesome dancer. That'll be so fun for her and Sade -aren't cousins the best?!
You and Wade are such a cute couple, it's so nice to do such thoughtful things for eachother!
And I liked the tux!