June 4, 2009

PHEW!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of school, and I have never been so happy for a school year to end. It seems the older my kids get, the more crazy MY schedule gets. I feel like I have been in a whirlwind and I am ready for a big NAP! This past month has been filled with:
dance concerts, school projects, soccer games, dance tryouts, soccer tryouts, more school projects, all kinds of performances, end of year banquets, end of year assemblies, nursing teenagers with mono, yard work, planting, more school projects, etc., etc., etc. I know many of you can relate and probably have even more on your plate than me. But I for one am burned out and so are my kids and we are so ready for ...
SUMMER!
Yeah baby! Here are some of the things I LOVE most about summer:
Swimming, camping, Snowies:), sister activities (starting Monday, are you guys ready??) parks, gardening, Palisades (oh man, I can't wait!), walking with the morning crew, 4th of July, picnics, playing dodgeball on the tramp, playing hide & seek outside (even though I almost pee my pants doing the last two) BBQ's, neighborhood parties, homemade icecream, Cherry Hill, spending time with the fam!
Summer is the best I say!! And in exactly one week we will be in the happiest place on earth. What a way to start out the summer- things are definitely looking good!

On a completely different note, I have to give a shout out to my studly Jace. Yesterday was the awards assembly at his elementary school and he was awarded the "Future of America" award.

Trying to act like it's no big deal


Nice! And if you're wondering, yes he is taller than me:(

Then today was 6th grade commencement and he was recognized for scoring in the top 10% nationally on his CRT's.


Good job smarty pants Jace!

7 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

I LOVE that first picture of Jace. He is SO cute, (and SO very tall). Congratulations smarty farty. And YAY for summer. I can't wait for sister days.

Jamie Nicole said...

Way to go Jace!!!! I can honestly say that I have never received such an award, but secretly, I've always wanted to. So congrats Jace!! Keep it up bud!

Sadie said...

I got the award for scoring in the top 10% nationally too!!!

Rachel said...

Look how big Jace is!! He is so cute. Summer IS the best and I also can't wait...let the fun begin!
I am a little jealous of your sister days though, sounds like you guys always have so much fun!! I'm going to try and do some with my sisters too. Don't we love "free" time?!?

Rachel said...

PS I LOVE your new background! It's super cute!

The Stone's said...

GO JACE!!!! I too love summer! And I too would like to see you pee your pants while playing dodgeball on the tramp!

The Egans said...

I didn't know about those awards!!! Way to go Jace is right!!! Man he is just growing up! He is such a good looking boy! I just love him...he's so sweet!