July 2, 2008

Jackson Hole & Yellowstone

We took the fam on a little vacation to Jackson Hole. It was a blast. Neither Wade or I had been since we were kids and our kids have never been. We did the Alpine Slide while we were there. Makenna was a little nervous to go by herself so we were telling her that if she felt like she was going too fast all she had to do was pull the brake back and it would slow her down. So Wade and I went first and Makenna was after me. Well we waited and waited and waited. When she finally came down we asked her if she liked it and she said "Yeah, I didn't put my brake on the whole way down!" (Yeah right!) I'm sure it felt like it.
So we thought we could do Yellowstone in one day. (Those of you who are familiar with Yellowstone are laughing right now). I had no idea it was sooooo huge. But we at least made it to Old Faithful and were able to see some wildlife on our way...bears, elk, deer,and buffalo- but not a moose-wah, we were sad about that. Old Faithful was pretty cool!

One of the funnest things we did was go to dinner at a place called Bar J Chuckwagon Suppers. The dinner was okay, but the entertainment was awesome. There was a group of men that sang and did some comedy and it was hilarious.
The highlight of the trip had to be our river trip. If you are having a hard time picking us out, Jace is towards the front with a red bandana on. Wade is behind him in his red Utah hat. I'm right behind Wade looking terrified. Makenna & Marquie are next to me, and Jordan is next to Marquie, kind of hidden. So the funniest thing about this picture is that I swear I was not scared at all. I thought it was so much fun, so I was surprised when we looked at the pictures and I have that horrified look on my face. So funny. This picture was taken just before we went through some rapids called "Lunch Counter".





9 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

I absolutely love that last picture. I think you were scared because that is the way your face looked when I almost killed you in my car a couple of weekends ago. I can even picture your loud, low, scream. HILARIOUS!!! Yeah, let's go there altogether next year.

Calee Richards said...

That looks so fun. I love your face!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

How fun Dayna! Jackson Hole is one of our family's favorite places. Camie and I couldn't wait to share the Bar J with Seth and JD. I'm not sure if they were as thrilled as we were, maybe we hyped it up a little too much:) But regardless, that place is hard NOT to enjoy!

The Stone's said...

Oh my heck, if you don't bring that river rafting picture when I'm in labor I'm gonna kill you! I'm seriously crying right now from laughter and I've seen it twice before! I don't know why it's so funny to me, but it sure is! LOVE IT!

Bammy said...

Looks so fun! It reminds me of a trip to Yellowstone when I had to stay in the outhouse for about 40 minutes because there was a bear a few feet outside the door. And the river picture reminds me of me & Barry having to be rescued from the river on our Lava trip. And your horseback riding picture from the first posting reminds me of our trip to Bryce when I fell off the horse. So how did my kids all turn out to be so coordinated?

Jamie Nicole said...

I love Yellawstone!! You guys are so fun and cute!!
P.S.
I'm wondering why the heck I'm not on your family and friends list yet. . . it better get there.

Jamie Nicole said...

Jared's a peach. I can't get enough of him. The other day when him and Jord went swimming I was so close to meeting them there and hanging out with them. Wish I was a few years younger I tell ya that much! Oh, the Tamatie Pie nick name came from back when Jess got married. A few days before Amanda got the brilliant idea to go tanning for the full 20 min. (She's a RED head!) Needless to say she was burnt crisp from head to toe. I burst into her room and found her laying on her bed and the first thing that came out of my mouth was Tamatie Pie! I guess because I wanted to say tomato but jazzed it up to tamatie and added pie at the end. ha ha. Now everyone calls her Tamatie, it just stuck. Funny huh?

Talbot Family said...

We did a family trip to Yellowstone with my parents. Yeah, it was during the bison mating season. Though I was married I saw far more and learned far more about bison anatomy than I wanted to know. I am pretty sure that some of your children would not have recovered. Looks like you had a blast on the river. Family vacations are the best!

Rachel said...

I love that last picture Dayna!! We just got back from there and we too had a blast on the river.