July 7, 2008

What's not to like?

Aside from Christmas, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday! I think I love it so much because it's kind of lazy. We always start the day by letting the kids be in Bammys neighborhood parade. It's a pretty piddly parade, about 10 minutes long from start to finish. But the kids love it- I actually do too, it's a tradition! After the parade we go to my moms and eat, play in the water, watch movies, eat, play games, do fireworks, and eat, eat, eat. (I'm remembering now why I like it so much). This is Livvy & Jace in the parade.
Chris and his lovey aerobesque on the scooter. Somebody call "So You Think You Can Dance"!
My mom rented a huge blow up water jungle gym thingy. The kids loved it and got very sunburned. This is Sadie, Austin, Jace, and Makenna. I think Denny is behind them somewhere.
So, another tradition we have recently added to our 4th of July festivities is making homemade icecream. We recently got a new recipe-burnt almond fudge- from the Petty's. (Matt & Mark are the homemade icecream gurus, thanks you guys!). It was fabulous. We also had our standard strawberry-banana.
This picture is supposed to be of Sara and I enjoying our yummy icecream. But Sara was enjoying hers a little too much and her "Mmmm" sound effects were too much for me and I lost my composure.


5 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

I couldn't help the "MMMMM" sound effect. It just came out, because that ice cream was so incredibly scrumptious.

The Stone's said...

Love the fourth of July! And I'll show you how to put your pics in order when I come have some yummy spinach mushroom pizza tomorrow! Hallelujah!!!!

Kelly and Megan said...

You have such a cute family. I already told Sara how cute you all are. You guys always look like you are having so much fun with each other. That is so great! I love to read about all your adventures!

The Meredith's said...

When did you guys go to Jackson Hole, my husband and I went there the last week of June. It was a blast. Love ya Dana. Love Jill

Talbot Family said...

I love seeing how each of you sisters chooses to mention something different about the event and posts different pictures. I almost feel like I was there.